Thursday, March 31, 2016

Question: How & when do I get my Medicare card?

Question:  How & when do I get my Medicare card?
If you’re collecting Social Security benefits, your Medicare card will be mailed to you 3 or 4 months before your 65th birthday. If you are NOT collecting Social Security benefits, you must apply for Part B of Medicare at http://www.medicare.gov. (I recommend you do this 3 months before you turn 65.) You do not need to apply for Part A of Medicare, it happens automatically.
NOTE: If you’ve been on an employer health plan beyond age 65, you won’t be able to enroll in Part B online. Instead, you should call 1-800-772-1213 & tell them you want to go on Medicare. They will send you a L654E form that your employer must sign that verifies your past coverage. You can also download this form in English or Spanish from CMS.
Call me for an appointment,
Sonia Ashford

817-689-3536


No comments:

Post a Comment